If the Dutch courts have ruled against you up to the highest level you can, in some cases, submit your case to an international court. European rules sometimes offer recourse that would not be available otherwise. Our attorneys will work with you to determine where you can best submit your complaint and what conditions apply. Our attorneys regularly appear before the European Court of Justice and the European Court of Human Rights. We also have experience submitting (individual) complaints against countries before one of the UN human rights treaty bodies, bodies that deal with violations of the UN human rights treaties (such as the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights and the Convention Against Torture).

Our attorneys are happy to advise you on your legal options.

Do you have a question?

Read in our privacy statement how we handle your personal data.

Prakken d'Oliveira, formerly known as Böhler, is a law firm with expertise and experience in asylum and immigration law, European law, administrative law, international criminal law and human rights. Our lawyers provide advice and conduct procedures before the Dutch Immigration and Naturalization Service (IND), the Dutch Review Committee on the Intelligence and Security Services (CTIVD), the District- and Appeals courts, the Administrative Law Division of the Dutch Council of State, the Supreme Court of the Netherlands, the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR), the Court of Justice of the European Union (ECJ), the Human Rights Treaty Bodies of the United Nations (UN), the International Criminal Court (ICC), and other international tribunals.