The university or school where you want to study can apply for a residence permit for you after you have been admitted. This educational institution must be approved as a sponsor. The Openbaar Register Onderwijs (Public Education Register) maintained by the Immigration & Naturalisation Service (Immigratie- en Naturalisatiedienst, or ‘IND’) shows whether an institution is approved.

Ask the university or school where you want to study whether they can apply for a residence permit for you.

If you would like to find out what the requirements are for studying in the Netherlands, e-mail or call our attorneys for a telephone consultation without obligation.

Do you have a question?

Read in our privacy statement how we handle your personal data.

Prakken d'Oliveira, formerly known as Böhler, is a law firm with expertise and experience in asylum and immigration law, European law, administrative law, international criminal law and human rights. Our lawyers provide advice and conduct procedures before the Dutch Immigration and Naturalization Service (IND), the Dutch Review Committee on the Intelligence and Security Services (CTIVD), the District- and Appeals courts, the Administrative Law Division of the Dutch Council of State, the Supreme Court of the Netherlands, the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR), the Court of Justice of the European Union (ECJ), the Human Rights Treaty Bodies of the United Nations (UN), the International Criminal Court (ICC), and other international tribunals.