If you breach the rules that give foreign employees the right to work in the Netherlands, you may be subject to a fine from the Ministry of Social Affairs & Employment. The Ministry of Social Affairs & Employment can impose a fine on you if – for example – you allow foreign employees to work for you illegally, i.e. without having a residence permit. The fine is imposed under the Foreign Nationals (Employment) Act (Wet Arbeid Vreemdelingen, or ‘WAV’).

A WAV-fine can have far-reaching consequences. It is therefore important that you obtain advice from an attorney about the fine. Our attorneys have extensive experience of appealing against WAV-fines.

If you need legal advice about a fine or want to appeal against it with the assistance of an attorney, e-mail or call our attorneys for a telephone consultation without obligation.

Do you have a question?

Read in our privacy statement how we handle your personal data.