On Friday 17 February 2023 from 10:00 AM (CET) onwards the district court of Haarlem will hear the case concerning forced labor in the residential institutions of the Good Shepherd-congregation in the Netherlands.
The court hearing will be accessible online via a so-called livestream (a live video-connection with the courtroom). More information about the livestream as well as the direct link to that livestream have now been published on the court's website.
You can access it via >> this link <<
The plaintiffs in this case are represented by lawyers Liesbeth Zegveld, Brechtje Vossenberg and Thomas van der Sommen.
- (In Dutch) P. de Graaf, 'Negentien vrouwen die als meisje bij nonnen werden geplaatst, stappen nu naar de rechter: ‘Het klooster was een fabriek, wij een verdienmodel’, Volkskrant, 15 February 2023
- Court hearing in case of victims of forced labour by Good Shepherd: 17 February 2023
- Good Shepherd has to hand over documents to victims of forced labor
- Victims of forced labor at the Good Shepherd: court case against congregation ongoing, State of the Netherlands will be sued
- Victims of forced labor sue the Good Shepherd-congregation
- Victims of forced labor hold the catholic organization Sisters of the Good Shepherd liable