Many people who have a residence permit in the Netherlands would like to bring their family members over. We call this ‘family reunification’. You can apply for family reunification if – for example – you work in the Netherlands or if you have fled to the Netherlands and have been granted an asylum permit here.

Not all your family members qualify for family reunification. It depends on your residence permit and your relationship to the family member. Hence spouses, partners and minor children can come to the Netherlands more easily than adult children and parents.

If you would like to find out whether your family member can come to the Netherlands, e-mail or call our attorneys for a telephone consultation without obligation.

Do you have a question?

Read in our privacy statement how we handle your personal data.

Prakken d'Oliveira, formerly known as Böhler, is a law firm with expertise and experience in asylum and immigration law, European law, administrative law, international criminal law and human rights. Our lawyers provide advice and conduct procedures before the Dutch Immigration and Naturalization Service (IND), the Dutch Review Committee on the Intelligence and Security Services (CTIVD), the District- and Appeals courts, the Administrative Law Division of the Dutch Council of State, the Supreme Court of the Netherlands, the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR), the Court of Justice of the European Union (ECJ), the Human Rights Treaty Bodies of the United Nations (UN), the International Criminal Court (ICC), and other international tribunals.