For some residence permits you as the employer must be an approved sponsor. That means that your employee can only work for you and obtain a residence permit if your business meets a number of conditions.

  • our business must be registered in the Register of Companies
  • Your organisation must be trustworthy
  • Your organisation must comply with the applicable code of conduct

You must be an approved sponsor if you want to employ knowledge migrants or scientific researchers.

You can also choose to become an approved sponsor voluntarily. The Immigration & Naturalisation Service (Immigratie- en Naturalisatiedienst, or ‘IND’) will then grant you a number of benefits if you want to employ staff. Hence the IND will decide on your application for a residence permit for your employee more quickly, and you will need to provide less documentary evidence.

If you would like to find out how to become an approved sponsor and what the benefits are, e-mail or call our attorneys for a telephone consultation without obligation.

Do you have a question?

Read in our privacy statement how we handle your personal data.

Prakken d'Oliveira, formerly known as Böhler, is a law firm with expertise and experience in asylum and immigration law, European law, administrative law, international criminal law and human rights. Our lawyers provide advice and conduct procedures before the Dutch Immigration and Naturalization Service (IND), the Dutch Review Committee on the Intelligence and Security Services (CTIVD), the District- and Appeals courts, the Administrative Law Division of the Dutch Council of State, the Supreme Court of the Netherlands, the European Court of Human Rights (ECHR), the Court of Justice of the European Union (ECJ), the Human Rights Treaty Bodies of the United Nations (UN), the International Criminal Court (ICC), and other international tribunals.