Wil Eikelboom specializes in conducting legal proceedings at international human rights organisations, in particular the European Court of Human Rights in Strasbourg. With Liesbeth Zegveld, he won the ECtHR Grand Chamber case of Jaloud v. the Netherlands (2014).
Eikelboom also assists clients in domestic immigration proceedings. Before becoming a lawyer, he worked as a legal officer at the headquarters of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) in Geneva for five years. Wil Eikelboom speaks Dutch, English, French and German.
Lawyer since 2008
- Chairman of the Netherlands Association of Asylum Lawyers (VAJN)
- Member of the National Advisory Commission on Legal Aid to Asylum Seekers and Detained Migrants
- Teacher of lawyers and judges
Media appearances (in Dutch)
- Pauw: Interview on the Afghan army interpreter Ahmadzai (26 September 2014)
- NPO Radio 1, Dit Is De Dag: Interview on the Black Pete ('Zwarte Piet') case (16 October 2014)
- NOS.nl: Article about Jaloud v the Netherlands (20 November 2014)
- NPO Radio 1, de Ochtend: The year of lawyer Wil Eikelboom (31 December 2014)
- Advocatenblad, Our office is probably a pain in the ass, interview (July/August 2015)
- RTL Z, We ourselves are the biggest threat to our values, interview (20 January 2017)