Marieke van Eik specialises in immigration law and Europen administrative law. She frequently litigates before the General Court and the EU Court of Justice. Marieke regularly gives lectures to lawyers on topics including EU asylum and immigration law. She also holds training sessions abroad, to improve the provision of legal assistance to foreign nationals.
Lawyer since 2004
- Editor of the periodical Rechtspraak Vreemdelingenrecht (Jurisprudence in Immigration Law)
- Member of the Advisory Commission on Immigration Law of the Dutch Bar Association
- Teacher of EU Migration law to lawyers and judges (OSR/SSR)
- Teacher of Refugee Law in the Lawyer's permanent education curriculum (CPO)
Media and publications (in Dutch)
- Nieuwsbrief Asiel- en Vluchtelingenrecht: 'Hoe ongewenst zijn 1F-ers' (February 2008)